* NRG Greenboard is comprised of 98% air and therefore only 2% polystyrene making it a highly efficient use of raw material.
* NRG Greenboard remains inert, is non toxic, odour free and non-biodegradable.
* No CFC’s or HCFC’s foam agents are used in its manufacture, so Greenboard causes no damage to the ozone layer.
* Effective installation of NRG can cut carbon dioxide emissions by up to 50%.
* The R-value of Greenboard does not deteriorate during its life time; therefore the reduction in emissions lasts the full lifetime of the building.
* The energy used to manufacture is recovered within six months by the energy saved in the building in which NRG Greenboard is installed.
* Typically, for every kg of oil used in NRG Greenboard manufacturing, about 200kg will be saved in reduced heating demands.
* All NRG Greenboard waste is recycled. Either through installation of off-cuts in the wall cavity or it can be granulated and mixed with virgin material to make new products.